This document was last updated on November 16, 2020
- Personal Information We Collect
Personal information that Users provide to us
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, apply for a job and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked to enter, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address and phone number. We also collect personal information that Users provide to us through our online forms, such company name, project information, references and any User questions or requests. If a User applies for employment with us, we may collect resumes, employment history, education history, references and any other information necessary to evaluate a candidate.
Information we receive from third parties
From time to time, we receive information about individuals from our third-party service providers, social media networks, affiliates, and partners. For example, we receive information on our email campaigns from our third-party service providers, including whether you have read an email sent by us or on our behalf, forwarded an email and when and how many times you have opened an email. We may also receive information from third-party analytics on the Site that allow us to improve our Site and services.
Information automatically collected on the Site
We may collect information automatically about Users whenever they interact with our Site, which may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users’ means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information. We may also collect information about your activities on the Site and how you use the Site. If you are visiting the Site via a mobile device, we may also collect your mobile device’s unique device ID and information about how you use the Site.
- Web Browser Cookies and Similar Technologies
User can Opt-Out of Google Analytics by:
- Changing your Google’s Ad Settings at: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
- Installing an Opt-Out browser add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- Adjusting the settings on your web browser, see: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/technologies/managing
- How We Use Information Collected on the Site
Rose Paving may collect and use Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide our products and services – We use information that we collect to provide our services and products to our customers and to otherwise conduct our business.
- To improve customer service – Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience – We may use information to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site – We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process a job application – We may use the information Users provide about themselves when they apply for a job via the Site to process Users’ applications for employment.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature – To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails – We may use personal information to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- To comply with our legal obligations – We may use personal information to respond to any legal requests, to comply with applicable laws, or to protect our rights or the rights of third parties.
- How We Protect your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
- Sharing your Personal Information
We do not sell, trade or rent Users’ personal information to others for monetary purposes. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal information regarding visitors and Users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes, provided that you have given us your permission. If you submit an application for employment through our Site, please note that we use a third party to process those applications and such processing may be subject to additional terms and conditions.
In addition, we may release personal information to comply with requests from law enforcement and government agencies, to enforce the terms of our services and to protect our customers and others. We may also share your information with third parties if we believe disclosure is necessary to enforce or protect our rights, property or safety, or that of our users or third parties. If Rose Paving undergoes a sale, merger or reorganization, we may need to transfer some or all of your personal information to a third party or its advisors as part of any due diligence process for the purpose of analyzing the proposed sale, merger or reorganization or after the sale, merger or reorganization.
- Third-Party Websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interactions on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies. We are not responsible for the privacy, security, accuracy or reliability of the information on third-party websites.
- Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information and otherwise comply with the requirements of any applicable law including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. If you believe someone under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we ask that you contact us through the methods described below.
- Your Acceptance of These Terms
- Contacting Us
7300 W. 100th Place
Bridgeview, Illinois 60455
Privacy Information for California Residents
Effective Date: November 16, 2020
This Appendix A (“Appendix”) describes information that Rose Paving collects related to California residents. This Appendix applies solely to individuals who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). This Appendix complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Appendix. This Appendix does not apply to personal information outside the scope of the CCPA.
- What Personal Information We Collect and How We Share it
The below chart lists the categories of personal information that we may collect and have collected in the past 12 months and how we share such information. We will also share information with others when you direct us to.
|Categories of Personal Information||Categories of Services Providers and Third Parties with whom Personal Information is Shared|
|Identity Data. This may include first name, maiden name, last name, title or other similar identifiers.||Entities that we are required to share with pursuant to law or for legal proceedings; service providers; our affiliates; data analytics providers; prospective purchasers of our business; and outside auditors, insurers and lawyers.|
|Contact Data. This may include billing addresses, email address, telephone numbers and other contact information.||Entities that we are required to share with pursuant to law or for legal proceedings; service providers; our affiliates; prospective purchasers of our business; and outside auditors, insurers and lawyers.|
|Technical Data. This may include information on your interaction with our Site, internet protocol (IP) address, geolocation data, browser type and version, mobile device type and operating system, unique mobile device identifier, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions and operating system and platform.||Service providers; our affiliates; data analytics providers; and prospective purchasers of our business.|
|Inferences we draw about you. This may include information about your preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior or other trends that help us identify which products you may be interested in.||Entities that we are required to share with pursuant to law or for legal proceedings; service providers; data analytics providers; our affiliates; and prospective purchasers of our business.|
|Employment application information. This may include your resume, work history, education, cover letter, drug screening information and background check information.||Entities that we are required to share with pursuant to law or for legal proceedings; service providers; our affiliates; prospective purchasers of our business; and outside insurers and lawyers.|
|Other information you submit to us. This may include requests or communications you submit to us, including emails, ratings or customer service call recordings.||Entities that we are required to share with pursuant to law or for legal proceedings; service providers; our affiliates; data analytics providers; prospective purchasers of our business; and outside auditors, insurers and lawyers.|
- Where We Collect Personal Information From
We may collect personal information from the following sources: you, your agent, our customers, service providers, data analytics providers, affiliates and social media networks.
- How We Use Personal Information
We may use personal information in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services;
- To process customer service requests or warranty information;
- To communicate with you, including sending emails;
- To personalize your experience on our Site;
- To advertise or market to you;
- To improve our services and products, our Site and our customer service;
- To secure and monitor our Site;
- For research and conducting surveys, contests or promotions;
- To administer and protect our business, Site and our services (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance and support);
- To process or evaluate any job applications; and
- For our own legal obligations.
- Sale of Personal Information
CCPA defines a “sale” of personal information broadly to include more than exchanges for monetary purposes. A sale can include personal information shared with a third party for “valuable consideration,” or information shared with a third party (even if they are performing services on our behalf) if they are permitted to use the information for their own purposes.
- California Residents’ Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information, described below. Below are your CCPA rights and how to exercise those rights.
- Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. You could request:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources of the personal information we collected about you;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information; or
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete some or all of the personal information that we have collected from you and retained, subject to a number of exceptions. We are not required to delete personal information that is: (1) necessary to complete a transaction with you or for warranty or product recalls; (2) used for security purposes, to prevent fraud, to fix errors or to comply with law; (3) reasonable for us to use for internal purposes given our relationship with you; or (4) compatible with the context in which you provided the information. The list of exceptions above is not exhaustive, and we may also deny a deletion request as otherwise permitted by law.
- Exercising Your Rights
To exercise your rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at (888) 773-ROSE; or
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only you, or a person or entity that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. If you are making a request on behalf of another person, you must provide written legal documentation that you are authorized to act on behalf of that individual.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; and
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate and respond to it.
We may not be able to fulfill your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. To verify your identity, we may request up to up to three pieces of personal information about you, and we reserve the right to take additional steps as necessary to verify your identity if we have reason to believe a request is fraudulent.
- Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the date we receive your verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits Users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us through the information provided above.