Hot Asphalt, Hot Summer!
As a kid, summer meant freedom from school and relaxing during long, hot summer days. As an adult, summer doesn’t affect much in our day-to-day routine. But, one thing remains the same—the heat! Whether you live on the East coast, West coast, or somewhere in between, you can count on summer to sizzle.
This is especially true in our industry. Working with hot-mix asphalt can mean sweltering conditions in summer. For a brief respite, our employees recommend the following destinations to walk along the beach, lounge poolside, or simply enjoy indoor activities in the cool A/C.
1. Monterey and Modesto (CA) for the rocky shorelines and awesome sunsets. Monterey has a great aquarium and Yosemite is close by with picturesque walks with spectacular waterfalls. —Anita, Accounting
2. Las Vegas for plenty of sunshine, great food, and free drinks, all with absolutely no concept of time! —Ryan, Special Projects
3. Orlando for Disney World because it brings out the kid in everyone! —Teri, Regional Administration
4. Hawaii (anywhere on the island) for the weather, of course, and activities such as snorkeling, scuba-diving, and parasailing. —Josh, National Project Management
5. Northern Wisconsin for year-round outdoor recreation including golfing and just plain relaxing. —Pete, Regional Sales
As for me, when I was little, my family would vacation in Wisconsin Dells with another couple and their children. It was such a great experience that I now take my family on vacation with other friends and their kids. This summer we’re renting a beach house in Nags Head, North Carolina.
Have you traveled to any of these locations during the summer? If so, tell us about your experience. Or, let us know your favorite hotspot. Until then, stay cool!