Special Projects Division Facts: 8 Things You Didn’t Know…
Our Trivia Series continues with a collection of fun facts about the Rose Paving Special Projects Division, which offers parking lot design and new construction services.
- The Division is headed up by our Professional Engineer (P.E.) Larry Briar and he hails from Walnut, IL
- Unique parking lot design services offered include, but are not limited to: materials testing, lighting, and underground utilities
- The Division has worked on 2 of the 4 major Chicago Professional Sports Facilities
- The SPD constructs guard shacks, baby. Remember this post?
- This Division is environmentally friendly – asphalt is reused, berms are constructed, and permeable paver bricks are laid
- The SPD has constructed a wilderness area and pedestrian corridor on a previous project, which is a landscape of regenerative systems and resources benefiting human health, ecology, and environmental stewardship
- The Division has demolished and re-constructed 210,000 square feet of parking lot at a University in Chicago’s south suburbs
- Most recently, the SPD team completed a concrete project consisting of traffic coating, expansion joint replacements, dynamic crack repair, shot crete, and engineering services on a parking deck and enclosed parking structure
For more information on our Special Projects Division, click here or call us at (888) 773-ROSE!